Meet the Doctors – Serenity Comprehensive Dental Care
Dr. Mark Reber D.D.S., M.S.
A Strong Educational Background
“I think my education forms the backbone of my training, but as dentistry continues to change and advance, I realize how a dentist’s education is just the beginning of a life-long journey through the profession.”
- 1986: Master of Science, University of California, Los Angeles
- 1985: Doctor of Dental Surgery: University of California, Los Angeles
- 1981: Bachelor of Science: Brigham Young University, Provo UT
Ongoing Commitment to Training and Acquiring Advanced Dental Skills
“Dentistry, like medicine, has benefited tremendously from the explosion of knowledge and technology over the past two or three decades. I estimate that 90% of the things that I do on a day-to-day basis were not even possible when I graduated dental school and were learned at the numerous classes and seminars I attend.”
- Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies: Multi-day course continuums in various courses including Advanced Esthetic Dentistry, Neuromuscular Occlusion, Full Mouth Reconstruction, Treatment of TMJ and TMD, Dental Sleep Medicine for Treatment of Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Conscious Dental Sedation,
- Pacific Laser Institute: Category II Dental Laser Proficiency: Aluminum-Gallium diode laser
Professional Dental Experience
“I am one of the few lucky people who actually loves their job. At the end of the day, I can’t think of anything else I would rather do.”
- 2013: Private Practice, Serenity Comprehensive Dental Care, Morgan Hill, CA
- 1988-2013: Private Practice, Monterey County, CA
- 2004-2006: Chairman, Dental Ethics Committee, Monterey Bay Dental Society
- 1992-2003: General Dental Expert Consultant, Dental Board of California, Sacramento
- 1985-1988: Captain, General Dental Officer, U.S. Army, Aschaffenburg, Germany
“I love teaching. A large part of the fulfillment I get from my profession is that it gives me a chance to teach others…both in and out of the dental profession.”
- 2013: “The Killer in the Night.”This article was published in a major national dental journal to educate dentists about diagnosing and treating snoring and sleep apnea in their dental practices.
- 2012-2013: Invited to teach dentists and dental staff members at various dental meetings and conferences on obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
- 2008-2011: Consultant, CASEY Dental Education Systems.
- 1997-Present: California Dental Board Registered Dental Continuing Education Provider.
- 1989-94: Taught various courses at Monterey Peninsula College, Hartnell Community College and Cabrillo Community College.
“One of the most enjoyable ways to learn is at the feet of my incredibly gifted and knowledgeable mentors and colleagues. Rubbing shoulders and sharing ideas with like-minded professionals makes each of us better in providing treatment to our patients.”
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Santa Clara Dental Society
- International Association of Comprehensive Aesthetics
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine